When you try to break the 500 or 1,000 barrier small groups become essential for several reasons:
- 1. People can go out the backdoor without you even knowing it.
- Most people who worship require some level of intimacy that can’t be found in worship.
- Pastoral care has to be given and if you don’t have small groups the church stays small enough so everyone has access to the pastor.
- Most conversions these days happen in small groups of friends over an extended period.
- Much of the developing of leaders comes out of the small groups.
- Some of the church growth is from the small groups.