Bring people in the front door
– Old way –”build it and they will come”
– New way – “we have to go to them”
– What are your two or three primary “go to” ways to connect with unchurched people?
Make sure new people stick around
– Church is warm, welcoming, like an incubator
– Worship brings them into God’s presence
– They know 6-7 people they really like
– It’s all about attitude not programs
– What is your system of responding to first time guests?
– Small groups
– Service in the community rather than committees
– Gaining a leadership role
– What is your primary method of discipleship?
Send them back out to be Christ at home, work, and play
– Focus more on commissioning them to whatever occurs after they leave church than nominating them to serve within the church
– One to two hours a week at church is enough
– Do you have a regular sending out of your people to invite their networks?